Wątki bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne wątki Teraz jest 5 czerwca 2020, o 09:30

Odpowiedz w wątku  [ Posty: 197 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Writer 's Newsletter 
Autor Wiadomość
Szara Eminencja

Pochwały: 127
Ulubiona autorka/autor: N.R./JD.Robb/Krentz/Quick/Castle/L.Kleypas/Ch.Dodd
July Newsletter, 2011
Vol. 001 Num. 559

Dear Wonderful Reader:

I hope you guys had a great 4th, with lots of fireworks. Sausalito features surreal fireworks, pretty incredible -- go to my Facebook page to see photos.
This month, for the first time, I've combined my regular monthly newsletter (what you're reading now) with MY BIG HONKING ANNOUNCEMENT. (Wait, keep reading.)

First: Football News

All the talking sportsheads solemnly claimed that July 15th is the latest date the owners and players can come to agreement in order for the pre-season to happen. Now the sportsheads have moved their do-or-die date to the 22nd. Yep, this is now the absolutely, I-kid-you-not, last ditch date to come to agreement or else there's NO pre-season. If there's no pre-season the owners will lose hundreds of millions of dollars. Tell me, are these people all idiots? The players aren't off the hook -- they lose moolah too, so it's not as if there isn't incentive. Have these talks devolved into a testosterone stand-off? I'd like to drop kick all of them.

Second: Titles

You've sent me quite a few title suggestions for the FBI thriller out next year, in -- gasp -- 2012. (Isn't there some wild-haired Mayan talk going around about 2012?) If you haven't yet had a spurt of title brilliance , get yourself spurting and give me your suggestions.

Third: Prince of Ravenscar

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for the 11th Sherbrooke novel. I'm in the middle of all the copy editor's snarky comments (the CE is right much of the time which really burns me. On the other hand, it's better than having one of you guys correct me). Prince of Ravenscar's a pip -- lots of character interaction (funny dialogue) and a very cool mystery. The cover is so awesome, it inspires me to believe there will be a full football season this fall -- it's a knockout. Let's see if the art department can keep the cover spurt going.

IT's NOW TIME FOR THE GREAT BIG HONKING NEWS:

Part I: Whiplash in paperback/ebook is out right now, so if you haven't read it, you've got less than a year if the Mayans are right and the bottom falls out of L.A, leaving only Hollywood. If I were you, I wouldn't procrastinate.

Part 2: On July 19th, next Tuesday, Split Second is ready to leap into your arms (nice and heavy, so be ready) or sizzle magically through the ether onto your ebook reader. I gotta say, I'm particularly excited about Split Second -- it will grab you by the throat, it will curdle the non-fat milk you're drinking, it will make you seek comfort, or perhaps protection in a closet, with a drink. Have a great time with this one, and don't forget, I want to hear what you think, okay?

Have a great July and do not, I repeat, do not wait for the Mayans --

Catherine Coulter

Szara Eminencja

19 sierpnia 2011, o 18:07
August Newsletter 2011
Vol. 02 Num. 44

Dear Wonderful Reader:

Happy August:

My husband and I visited Kauai the beginning of the month. As most of you know, about 80% of Kauai is inaccessible, so a helicopter ride is a must. We did the "open door" helicopter, which means you're hanging out there and can almost reach out and touch the Weeping Wall of Waialeala (a HUGE rock wall with a dozen waterfalls running down it set at the end of this gnarly green canyon). Everything is tropical Irish green, except for Waimea Canyon, of course (Grand Canyon Jr.) The only thing about the open door ride is that you have to wear a jacket, you can't wear sandals or earrings, or bring a camera that isn't fastened to your wrist, so that meant the iPhone was grounded. The ride was cool (both meanings), but to be honest here, you step out looking like Phyllis Diller, and while you're wondering how you're going to solve the rat's nest problem, there's this pilot who wants to take your photo -- excuse me? You want to terrify the nation? As for ziplining, it's a complete blast. We did a seven-stop cruise through rain forests, not screaming fast, but you know you're moving.

Put Kauai in your vacation mix -- it combines a huge canyon, the wettest spot in the world, and imagine this: Fantasy Island's waterfalls.

Now to Backfire, the next FBI:
Big alas, I was writing right along on Backfire when I realized the primary plot simply wasn't going to scare you spitless and, okay, there was a logic problem too, and so I started over again. It's not all that catastrophic. I'm keeping the basics and lots of scenes and action I've already written still work. I'll keep you posted.

FOOTBALL: What do you think of Albert Haynesworth and Ochocinco going to the Patriots? Now, everyone look at performance and personnel in the preseason games take a stab at picking the Superbowl winner. My Pick: What with the two bad boys now in the Patriots professional culture , I've got to go with them over the Jets. And no, I don't think Green Bay is going to do a repeat. What do you think? If you aren't yet visiting me on Facebook, then do, or email me at ReadMoi@gmail.com and let me know your Superbowl pick. I'm going to keep track. Like last season, I'll pick four games each week during the regular season and select who I think will be the winners. How about you do the same? Instead of using all four of my picks, you can put in your own team, but do use the other three). And we'll all keep track of how good we are. What fun --

Who's been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando? If you have, tell me about it.

Have a great end of August.
Catherine Coulter

Szara Eminencja

JD Robb

Szara Eminencja

Catherine Coulter

Szara Eminencja

THE OFFICIAL IRIS JOHANSEN WEB PAGES
NEWSLETTER #22
OCTOBER 18, 2011

THE EVE DUNCAN SAGA REACHES A RIVETING CLIMAX!

BONNIE is in stores today!

A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM IRIS JOHANSEN:

Dear Reader,

Today it is finally happening. With my new book BONNIE, the mystery that has haunted Eve Duncan for over a decade is coming to an end.

For all these years, it has been the number one question in my e-mail inbox: Will Eve ever find Bonnie and bring her home? For a long time, I dodged the question. I suppose I had the answer
in my heart and mind, but it had never crystallized for me. I
needed to wait for just the right moment in the evolution of Eve's character. Then, about two years ago, I knew the time had come.
That's when I started work on the trilogy that started with EVE, continued with QUINN, and now concludes with BONNIE.

Without a doubt, writing BONNIE was the most intensely emotional experience of my professional life. These characters are family to me; how could I not be devastated as I explore the feelings of
a young woman facing every mother's worst nightmare? In a very
real sense, this entire series has been about Eve fighting through the pain of her daughter's murder to help others find the closure she never had for herself. Now, finally, we join Eve as she fights for the peace and closure which has eluded her for too long.

There is plenty of suspense and action, but at its core BONNIE is about the people who have come to mean so much to me. I know that many of you share my affection for Eve Duncan, Bonnie, Joe Quinn and the others in their world, so I hope you will join me in this most pivotal – and emotional – adventure of their lives.

--Iris Johansen

NEW ON THE SITE

Go to www.irisjohansen.com for an all-new audio interview in which Iris discusses all three books in climactic Eve Duncan trilogy that concludes with BONNIE.

LATEST NEWS

-- As the critical accolades continue to roll in for BONNIE, the current issue of People Magazine named it a "Best Read" of the week. Publisher's Weekly raved that the book's "stunning finale will move fans and series newcomers alike."

-- Eve Duncan makes her television debut on October 30th in the Lifetime Movie Network's presentation of IRIS JOHANSEN'S THE KILLING GAME (yes, Iris's name is part of the title). The film stars Laura Prepon as Eve and Naomi Judd as Eve's mother Sandra.

Szara Eminencja

NEWSLETTER #23
OCTOBER 28, 2011

THE EVE DUNCAN MOVIE PREMIERES SUNDAY!

IRIS JOHANSEN'S THE KILLING GAME set to debut on the Lifetime Movie Channel

First of all, thank you so much for all the wonderful emails and comments on Facebook following last week's release of BONNIE, the conclusion of my climactic Eve Duncan trilogy. I was so incredibly touched by your reactions. Writing that book was an intensely emotional experience for me, and I'm overjoyed to hear that so many of you were moved, too.

I do want to make one thing clear: Eve Duncan will return! Many of you expressed concern that I might be finished with Eve and the characters in her life, but that is not the case. BONNIE marks the end of a major chapter in Eve's life, but it was always my plan to one day bring her back with a new outlook, ready to face new mysteries and new challenges. A large weight has been lifted from Eve's shoulders, and I can't wait to see where she will take us next.

As it happens, this weekend Eve will take me one place I most have most certainly never been: a television movie! On Sunday night, the Lifetime Movie Network will present IRIS JOHANSEN'S THE KILLING GAME. It seems incredibly immodest to write it that way, but my name is actually in the title. Laura Prepon stars as Eve and Naomi Judd is her mother Sandra. THE KILLING GAME was the second Eve Duncan book, and it was a key installment in the series. This is where Eve first met Jane MacGurie (whom she later adopted) and first joined forces with Sarah Patrick and her search-and-rescue Golden Retriever Monty. The mystery, as some of you may remember, finds Eve and Joe Quinn on the trail of a serial killer who may have special knowledge of Eve's murdered daughter Bonnie. Please check local listings for the exact broadcast time in your area. There will also be an encore airing on Wednesday, November 2.

Definitely an exciting time for Eve Duncan – and for me. I can't thank you enough for your warmth and enthusiasm.

Sincerely,
Iris Johansen

LATEST NEWS:

BONNIE has exploded on the national bestseller lists, with a #3 debut on The New York Times hardcover fiction list, a #1 debut on the Times e-book list, and a #4 debut on the USA Today all books/all formats list.

The paperback edition of EVE, the first part of Iris's explosive Eve Duncan trilogy, is still on the New York Times paperback bestseller list (at #16) in its fifth week of release.

St. Martin's Press has issued a specially-priced "eBook bundle"
of four previous Eve Duncan thrillers, including QUICKSAND, BLOOD GAME, EIGHT DAYS TO LIVE and CHASING THE NIGHT. Available for download from all major eBook retailers, the collection is currently on sale for $19.99.

Szara Eminencja

November Newsletter 2011
Vol. 00 No. 111

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone:

Dear Wonderful Reader:

What did I say? Thanksgiving? Now it seems like the day after Halloween, all the stores rev up for Christmas. If you want to find turkey napkins, for example, good luck. So it's now like Thanksgiving is tucked in as an afterthought and simply an excuse for stores to add another whoppo sale. I'm starting to think that every Friday is a Black Friday in November.

I finished BACKFIRE (the 16th FBI thriller) and am ready to begin the hardcore edit --- this involves tinkering and tweaking, cutting and adding, and recognizing and solving the problems I didn't even know existed. So keep your fingers crossed that I don't miss anything. Because, frankly, I don't want to hear about Savich driving a black Porsche when his baby is supposed to be red. Because this would necessitate sending in errata so the Porsche runs smooth in the paperback.

Who saw the 49ers beat Baby Manning on Sunday? Was that a great game, or what? (Well, I guess that depends on your point of view.) I will admit, it's been such a long dry spell here in San Francisco that I was still thinking, so 7-1, no biggie, these guys will collapse -- but NOOooooo -- we're now 8-1. Ain't that something? I was also pleased to see the Patriots leap back in the saddle, and the Steelers managed to wear down the Bengals (Isn't Andy Dalton talented? Can you imagine how good he'll be in 5 years?) Watch out, Bengals.

The end-year events:

Early in the month I flew to Newport News, VA, to speak for the Virginia Peninsula Literary Consortium -- 300 people attended for my stand-up talk, then questions and answers, some really good ones, I might add. One guest had driven from Atlantic City, NJ, to be at the event and brought every single blessed one of my books for me to sign.

This past weekend, I flew to Phoenix to attend the Erma Bombeck 32nd Annual Authors Luncheon. This is the largest fundraiser for the National Kidney Foundation in the country. Everyone was very professional and extraordinarily nice. If you want to see photos from these two events, go to my Facebook page (Facebook.com/CatherineCoulter.Books).

Thanksgiving is a precious day, so take time for food and football and family oozing out of the woodwork -- indeed, a blessed day for family (dysfunctional or more dysfunctional).

I thank you --
Catherine Coulter

P.S. I have wrapped 258 Christmas presents -- so consider the gauntlet thrown at your feet, or, you can sneak up on me and haul me off to the loony bin.

Szara Eminencja

December Newsletter 2011
Vol 12 No. 12

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to Everyone:

Dear Wonderful Reader:

My last newsletter for 2011. I will not remark upon the supersonic passing of the past twelve months --- I mean, is there anything I can do about it now? I can hear all of you saying, move along, CC, tell us something moving, maybe something spiritually uplifting, something about all the Christmas presents you wrapped by the middle of October, how you've got a huge smile on your face, ready for the third Christmas party tonight. Actually tonight, we're the dessert/champagne/Christmas carol house for all our neighbors -- I play the piano and everyone sings, we even have sheet music) We also have homemade boxed cookies for everyone to take home. Everything, house and people and cats, sparkle.

Do email me or come to my Facebook page and tell me what you're doing for the holidays: if you're traveling to see family, like we are, or hanging around your own fireplace, grateful you and your family are healthy and happy and together.

I wish all of you a wonderful holiday and a Merry Christmas. Just think, when next you hear from me, we'll be counting down to the big hopefully Happy MD (Happy Mayan Day - - December 21st) If you don't want to begin counting so early, be like me, and start until after the Super Bowl.

Catherine Coulter

Szara Eminencja

I just wanted to take a moment to send holiday wishes to all my readers. May the season be a blessed time for you and your families. I'd also like to extend a warm welcome to all the new readers on the list – thank you for joining.

Well, where to start? There's a lot going on in LizLand these days. I'll have several exciting announcements after the first of the year – a new cover, the reissue of an old favorite, and a very special e-release are coming up -- so watch this loop and my website. And if you haven't joined me on Facebook or Twitter, I would love for you to do so.

Now, in keeping with the premise that it is better to give than to receive, I have an unusual contest, and two copies of ONE TOUCH OF SCANDAL to give away. These are large-print, hardback copies – very nice. To enter, email me a few words about someone you know who might like to have them; your local nursing home, an elder-care center, or perhaps a friend or family member who finds big type easier to read. Or, if you're like me and just prefer large prints, yes, you can enter yourself. Email me at liz@lizcarlyle.com with SCANDAL in the subject line.

And just to put a little tinsel on the tree, I'm giving away an autographed copy of REGENCY REBELS by the wonderful Deb Marlowe. This is a trade paperback, ordinarily available only in the UK, and it includes two of her best: An Improper Aristocrat and Scandalous Lord. Quite a pair to curl up with on a cold January night. To enter, email me at liz@lizcarlyle.com with REBELS in the subject line, and send me your particulars.

Both contests end Tuesday, December 20th at 2:00 PM EST, and yes, you can enter each. Winners will be drawn from the old hat.

Let me close by saying how much I appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you for making 2011 a wonderful year for me. Please stay in touch.

Happy Holidays,
Liz

Szara Eminencja

Hi, Everyone:

This new year -- 2012 -- THE year that -- what? I mean, as opposed to 2011, what is going to be different about 2012? You Mayan calendar experts, please tell me exactly what you believe the Mayans said was going to happen. Enlighten me on Facebook, (Facebook.com/CatherineCoulterBooks). Or email me at ReadMoi@gmail.com. If you're really good, your explanation will be SHORT. If I think yours is the best, I'll give you official credit and a book of your choice (one of mine, naturally).

Always Excellent News: My editor at Putnam said she loved BACKFIRE (the 16th FBI suspense thriller out this summer)-- not just liked or liked a whole lot, she LOVED it, said BACKFIRE was more 'thrillery' than any previous FBI she could remember plus lots of really cool technology and down and dirty police procedure. I thanked her very politely and closed my eyes and thanked the Almighty for keeping my imagination stoked. But I will say this, since BACKFIRE is set in San Francisco and environs and I live here, believe me, if I didn't thoroughly know an area I wanted to use in the book, I drove where I needed to and got everything sucked into the brain TV. And that, I suppose, is why my editor also believed there was more verisimilitude. In any case, all is a huge big GO with BACKFIRE. YEA!

The Play Offs this weekend: Well, let me put it like this: The four teams I would like to win, aren't going to -- they're all going to bite the big one. I realize, of course, that my opinion might not be the same as yours -- so, tell me, Grasshopper, where am I wrong?

Here are the teams I want to win: l) Broncos to beat the Patriots, 2) Giants to beat Green Bay, 3) Texans to beat Ravens and, 4) San Francisco to beat the Saints. I really love the Patriots, but I've got to go with Tim Tebow here -- he's an inspiration, the best role model the sport has seen in a very long time, and fiercely competitive. And the games -- good grief -- the best writer couldn't have scripted this season for the Broncos any better than what actually happened. All the attention and emotion the Broncos evoked, and Tebow kept winning and winning despite all odds (I'm choosing to forget the final three games)-- and remember the OT with the Steelers -- that 80 yard pass for a TD? All right, I'll shut up. Wait, one more thing, I heard a talking sports head say "I sure would like Tebow to marry my daughter."

2012 -- It's a good start -- so sayeth the Gecko--

Catherine Coulter

Szara Eminencja

Newsletter #29
January 26, 2012

THE EVE DUNCAN SAGA REACHES A STUNNING CLIMAX WITH "BONNIE"

Now available in paperback at booksellers everywhere!

It is such a thrill to announce that the concluding chapter of my climactic Eve Duncan trilogy is now out in paperback. BONNIE concludes the trilogy that began with EVE and continued with QUINN, but in a very real sense it concludes a mystery that I first introduced over a decade ago, way back in FACE OF DECEPTION.
That thriller marked the introduction of Eve Duncan, a forensic sculptor who was still haunted by the abduction and murder of her young daughter Bonnie. Eve wanted nothing more than to find Bonnie and bring her home for a proper burial, but through the years (and dozens of cases), it was a goal that eluded her.

No more. BONNIE gives Eve – and you – the answers at last.

For years, the number one question I received was "When will Eve ever find Bonnie?" I always had the same answer: "When Bonnie wants to be found." People may have thought I was being flippant, but I meant it. I came close to solving the mystery a few years ago in QUICKSAND, but it just did not feel right. Not then. When I finally felt that I was ready, I knew it was going to be too big a story for just one book. Hence this trilogy that closes a major chapter in the life of Eve Duncan.

I don't mind telling you that BONNIE was the most emotional experience of my writing career. Eve is like family to me. It gives me such satisfaction to finally give her the closure -- and the peace – that she deserves.

--Iris Johansen

LATEST NEWS:

Iris recently disclosed that her next thriller, WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU, will feature CIA operative Catherine Ling, the popular
character introduced in the Eve Duncan series. WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU will be released April 17, 2012.

The Lifetime Network movie adaptation of THE KILLING GAME is now available for download from iTunes for $3.99 ($4.99 for HD). It may be played on PC or Mac computers as well as iPads, iPhones and iTouch devices.

Szara Eminencja

Hello, dear ones!

Today, February 2, 2012 is the twenty-second anniversary of the day I got The Call. In publishing, The Call is when someone — your agent or an editor — calls and makes an offer to publish your first book. In my case, my first published book was CANDLE IN THE WINDOW, winner of the Golden Heart and RITA awards. Mind you, it wasn’t the first book I ever wrote. In fact, I wrote two complete manuscripts before CANDLE IN THE WINDOW. I learned a lot with those two manuscripts (which will never be published because they’re lousy.) The #1 thing I learned was — writing is not as easy as it loo ks.
This year I will publish my forty-ninth full-length book. How is that possible? It’s really simple! I create stories that I want to read. Thank you so much for wanting to read them, too.

Warmly,
Christina Dodd
http://christinadodd.com
Cool Suspense, Hot Romance!

New York Times bestselling author of
Book three of the Bella Terra Deception series BETRAYAL (April 2012)
Book five of The Chosen Ones WILDER (August 2012)

Seize the day; think of all those women on the Titanic who waved away dessert. — Erma Bombeck

Szara Eminencja

February/March Newsletter 2012

Dear Wonderful Reader:

Hard to believe February is gone, simply over never to return. I spent two weeks in Kentucky basically off the planet and out of time, so it passed me right by. I'm back home now, finished doing the editor edit of BACKFIRE (the 16th FBI). So now it's on to the next FBI saga. Unfortunately I can't even remember the half-assed plot I'd started, so it'll be brain rebooting for me.

Can you believe the Giants pulled off the Super Bowl win yet again? (Hey, Peyton, you wanna kiss my ring?) Now we'll see if Indy loses their QB. If he leaves, I hope Peyton selects Arizona as his new home -- Larry Fitzgerald would really shine with Peyton at the helm. Alas, now it's big-time football withdrawal until August.

BIG TROUBLE COMING: Everyone's talking about a drought this summer in California. So, if you know any rain gods, (no fakes, please) give them my address, we're getting to the edge here, not to mention the skiing is in the process of sucking big time.

LISTEN UP: If you haven't yet visited me on Facebook, do come and join in the fun. I'm thinking it's time for a new character-naming contest, you don't want to miss that.
All of you take special care on the Ides of March. It's not as bad as April 15th (the IRS Ides), but you never know what lurks around a dark corner --

Catherine

Szara Eminencja

Dear Reader,

My new book, THE PROPOSAL, will be out in hardcover in North America next Tuesday, May 1. I am excited about it for a few particular reasons:

1. Finally, this is Gwen, Lady Muir's, story. Readers have been asking for it, and I have been wanting to write it ever since she appeared as a minor character in ONE NIGHT FOR LOVE (1999) and A SUMMER TO REMEMBER (2002). However, other books, most notably the spinoff SLIGHTLY and SIMPLY books got in the way, and only now at last have I written her story. Some of you may remember Gwen as a widow with a rather mysterious past. She limps heavily as the result of a riding accident during her marriage--and she suffered a miscarriage from that same accident. A year later her husband died after a fall in their home. Now all questions will be answered, and Gwen will find her happily-ever-after.

2. This is the start of a new seven-past series, featuring the six men and one woman who form the Survivors' Club, a group of wounded veterans of the Napoleonic Wars who spent a few years together on a country estate recuperating from their wounds and who now gather there for a few weeks each year. You will meet them all in Chapter 1 of THE PROPOSAL, but the hero of this book is Hugo Emes, Lord Trentham, a dour giant of an ex-army officer, who was awarded his title for extraordinary bravery during battle and then, as he put it, went out of his head and had to be brought back to England in a straitjacket.

3. The cover is, I think, quite gorgeous. I asked for something different this time, something without a headless woman (!), something more mainstream and more elegant. That is what I got, as well as a whole lot of sunshine in the long parallel rows of yellow flowers. And Gwen's gown is elegance itself. Someone, after seeing it, asked me how I managed to get a full-face, fully clothed heroine on the cover of a romance, but I did it! Or, rather, Delacorte did it for me, and I am grateful.

I do hope you will enjoy the book. It is, I think, one of my best--one of those in which I fell in love with the hero as I created him!

Note that I am now on Facebook, at http://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryBalogh .
Do take a look there and "like" my page and perhaps some of my postings too. There will be a few reviews and review comments there during the next few days. And for more about the book and an excerpt, see my web site -- http://www.marybalogh.com

Mary Balogh
http://www.marybalogh.com
http://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryBalogh

THE PROPOSAL--May, 2012
THE SECRET MISTRESS--July, 2012

Szara Eminencja

May newsletter 2012

Vol. 669 No. 441

Hi, Everyone:

I'm off tomorrow for a vacation in Southern Utah, hiking around all the beautiful canyons and parks, ending up in Las Vegas, and what's not to like in the Adult Disneyland? We're staying at the Mandarin Oriental, brand new, and guess what? No gambling -- do you think they'll survive? Can you imagine walking through a lobby in Las Vegas without hearing the Ca-Ching of the slot machines?

BACKFIRE, the 16th FBI thriller, is out July 10th; Split Second in paperback, June 26th. I've got new Brilliance audio readers for BACKFIRE, Jim Meskimen and Deanna Hurst. They're incredible. Those of you who like to listen to audio books (I never drive anywhere without an audio book talking to me), you're going to love them.

Two weeks ago I was in Independence, Iowa, giving a writers' workshop and a public talk, sponsored by the Independence Public Library. I gotta say, they've got the most beautiful new library I've ever seen. Last weekend was Denver for another writers' workshop (170 folk) and a pubic talk at the Marriott Denver Tech Center, sponsored by the Arapahoe Library District. Both experiences were excellent, so many nice people, and the enthusiasm kept me on a drug-free high for the entire time.

In the 17th FBI thriller BOMBSHELL (out the summer 2013), I'm revisiting Maestro, VA. (Point Blank) and Sheriff Dix Noble (Point Blank and Double Take), and bad stuff happens. Meanwhile in Washington, we've got the brutal murder of the grandson of the retired Chairman of the Federal Reserve System. Big-time revenge against all our esteemed bankers with no moral compass whatsoever. Talk about a box of snakes --

On the 22nd, I'll be going back to Las Vegas for four days with my best writer friends, Linda Howard, Kay Hooper, and Iris Johansen. What fun that will be. I'll let you know all their secrets next month -- nope, take it back, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

What's going on with Tim Tebow's reception in NYC?

Great May to all -

Catherine

Szara Eminencja

Dear Reader,

This is a reminder that next Tuesday, July 31, THE SECRET MISTRESS will be out in paperback in North America.

EDWARD AILSBURY, EARL OF HEYWARD, and LADY ANGELINE DUDLEY are about as different from each other as it is possible to be. He freely admits to being a dull old sobersides. He has had to be--he has been left to clear up the mess left behind by his late rakish elder brother. He hopes to marry his friend, the quiet, sensible daughter of a professor. He is shocked when he first encounters Angeline, who is scandalously all alone in the public taproom of an inn, leaning on a windowsill, her derriere prominently on view, her dress a shocking pink. When he is forced to rescue her from the improper advances of a known rake, he is not amused. As he leaves the inn, he hopes fervently that he will not meet the woman in pink ever again.

She is flamboyant, talkative, brimming over with energy and enthusiasm, and she has the most garish, atrocious taste in dress. But, though she loved her parents and loves her two brothers, all of them rakes, she wants something quite different in a husband. She wants someone like…well, like the quiet gentleman who defends her at the inn where she awaits her brother in the taproom instead of in her room. She falls in love with him on sight and decides she will marry him--though she knows she may well never see him again. Such contradictions do not matter to Angeline.

Both are on their way to London for the Season. They are fated to meet again, for Lady Angeline Dudley is the bride Edward's family has picked out for him, and their strongest ally is Angeline herself. One might say poor Edward does not stand a chance.

Last year a small volume called NOW A BRIDE was on sale as an ebook. It contained a few scenes that did not make it into the other MISTRESS books when they were published--MORE THAN A MISTRESS and NO MAN'S MISTRESS. It also contained a series epilogue. That volume has been added as bonus material at the end of this paperback edition of THE SECRET MISTRESS.

For more detail and to read an excerpt, see my web site -- http://www.marybalogh.com . Note than I am now on Facebook -- at http://www.facebook.com/AuthorMaryBalogh .

Mary Balogh

THE PROPOSAL--May, 2012
THE SECRET MISTRESS--July, 2012

Szara Eminencja

Dear Wonderful Reader:

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

This is so incredibly exciting. A Brit in the FBI is my new series about an extraordinary Chief Inspector in Scotland Yard, Nicholas Drummond, who amazingly ends up in the FBI in New York City. I've partnered up with J.T. Ellison who is a great writer and has a brain the size of Pluto (Yes, I insist Pluto is a planet).
Each thriller in A Brit in the FBI will have two mysteries (just like the FBI series) and Sherlock and Savich will be a part of the Brit series too, which means you'll get a double dose of S&S every year. You're going to love Nicholas, a great bloke, and his meeting Savich and Sherlock in the first thriller of the series, Jewel of the Lion, is nothing short of a full monty.

Catherine Coulter

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT CONTINUED: Wow -- what wonderful enthusiasm from all of you. In answer to 'when' -- the publication date for the first book, Jewel of the Lion, isn't set yet but here's the plan: we'll have Bombshell out the end of June, 2013 (I'll be introducing Jewel of the Lion at the end of Bombshell and there'll be a "teaser" chapter) and then maybe two weeks later, the first book in A Brit
in the FBI, Jewel of the Lion, will make its debut.

Patricia wanted to know if Nicholas Drummond has dual citizenship. Yep (He was born in U.S. and his mom was an American actress, a comedienne).

Joan wants Nicholas Drummond to be a hunk and single -- YES

So any more questions, just ask. Do enjoy reading J.T. Ellison and visiting her web site and Facebook. As I said her Twitter page is ThrillerChick -- (I wish I'd thought of that)
One final word: Leenie suggested S&S [Sherlock i Savich - Lilia] for the title of the possible (keep all digits crossed) FBI TV series --

Great day to everyone, and yes, get those bods to the gym --

Szara Eminencja

Dear Readers,

One of the life lessons I preached to our sons as they were growing up is to admit when you’re wrong. “Life is too short to waste energy defending an indefensible position,” I’ve told them. “If you’re wrong admit it, offer a sincere apology, and move on.” The same goes for making mistakes. If you make 'em, own em. And, boy, did I ever make one.

As a few (translated “a lot”) of you noticed when you were reading my latest book, THE GREAT ESCAPE, there is no explanation for how Panda, one of my sexiest heroes ever (!), got his strange nickname. Now if his nickname were Colt, Striker, or Stud Man that wouldn’t be a problem. But Panda?! Come on, now. That deserves an explanation.

And you didn’t get one.

That doesn’t mean there wasn’t one. I knew exactly how he got that nickname. Unfortunately, the explanation never made it into the book, and I DON’T HAVE A GOOD EXCUSE WHY! (Excuse me for yelling. It just slipped out.) Truth is, I’m one of those people who tends to multitask a bit too much, and that can cause a few dropped balls here and there. Oh, hell... Why don’t I just come out and say it— Sometimes I can be an airhead. There. I feel better. Please tell me you understand.

I do hate the feeling that I cheated my readers out of something they wanted to know, and I’m going to make it up to you. Since this is potential mild “spoiler” material for those very few—and (with all modesty) incredibly unfortunate—of you who might possibly not yet have read THE GREAT ESCAPE, I’ve posted the missing pages in a special Members Only Lounge I’ve created on my website. (International friends, if THE GREAT ESCAPE hasn’t come out in your country, you may want to wait.)

All you need to do to find out how Panda got his name is to sign in. I promise. You won’t get spammed. What you will get is the rest of the story.

Happy reading (and apologies),

SEP

Szara Eminencja

Nora's News

Szara Eminencja

Nora's News

Szara Eminencja

THE PROPOSAL, Book 1 of the Survivors' Club septet, will be out in paperback on May 28. It is the story of Hugo Emes, Lord Trentham, and Gwen, Lady Muir, who has appeared as a minor character in a number of my books, most notably ONE NIGHT FOR LOVE and A SUMMER TO REMEMBER. Hugo is one of a group of seven survivors of the Napoleonic Wars, six men and one woman, who once spent three years together on a duke's estate in Cornwall recovering from various war wounds. Now they meet for a few weeks every year, and it is during one of these gatherings that Hugo finds Gwen trapped by a badly sprained ankle down on the beach and carries her up to the house where they are all staying.

Watch for Book 2 of the series, THE ARRANGEMENT, the blind Vincent, Viscount Darleigh's story in a paperback original at the end of August. It will be preceded at the end of July by an e-novella, THE SUITOR, which has characters linking it with the Survivor books.

You can read more about each of these books at my updated, newly designed web site -- http://www.marybalogh.com. Note that I now have a weekly blog on my web site and most weeks give away an autographed book to someone who leaves a comment there. Do come and join in! And please visit my Facebook page too.

Mary Balogh

COUNTERFEIT BETROTHAL/NOTORIOUS RAKE--May, 2013
THE PROPOSAL--June, 2013
THE SUITOR (e-book novella)--August, 2013
THE ARRANGEMENT--September, 2013

Szara Eminencja

Nora Roberts

Odpowiedz w wątku   [ Posty: 197 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia strona  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8