Teraz jest 19 kwietnia 2024, o 21:23

Jennifer Crusie

Ulubiona autorka/autor: Różnie to bywa

Post przez Księżycowa Kawa » 27 lipca 2018, o 23:28

Kiedyś mi się podobało, ciekawe, czy dalej tak by było…
Nie ma dobrych książek dla głupca, możliwe, że nie ma złych dla człowieka rozumu.
Denis Diderot

"If you want it enough, you can always get a second chance." MM
“I might be accused of social maladjustment,” said Daniel. “But not a psychopath. Please. Give me some credit.” MM
Zamienię sen na czytanie.

Ulubiona autorka/autor: Janet Evanovich

Post przez Janka » 27 lipca 2018, o 23:37

Nadal jestem w trakcie czytania "Witamy w Temptation". Niestety nic się nie zmieniło od poprzedniego czytania i nadal uważam opisaną sytuację za bardzo, bardzo dziwną. Bohaterowie, szczególnie poboczni, przeginają.
Natomiast uwielbiam dialogi w tej książce. Najpierw zostałam fanką Phina, a potem też jego córki. Dialogi sprawiają mi ogromną przyjemność. Normalnie się nimi delektuję.
Obrazek

Post przez Księżycowa Kawa » 27 lipca 2018, o 23:57

No cóż, było specyficznie, inaczej.
Nie ma dobrych książek dla głupca, możliwe, że nie ma złych dla człowieka rozumu.
Denis Diderot

“I might be accused of social maladjustment,” said Daniel. “But not a psychopath. Please. Give me some credit.” MM

Post przez Janka » 1 sierpnia 2018, o 17:53

Skończyłam powtarzać "Witamy w Temptation".
Jednak miałam te same odczucia, co ponad dziesięć lat temu, przy pierwszym czytaniu. Nic się w międzyczasie nie zmieniło w moim spojrzeniu na świat i nadal uważam to samo co wtedy za bardzo dziwne.
To, co tak bardzo mi się nie podoba, to związki seksualne z partnerami w wieku wychodzącym poza granicę jednego pokolenia. Jeśli ktoś kiedyś miał romans z ojcem, a teraz ma z synem, a przy tym jej mąż ma romans z żoną pierwszego z nich i matką drugiego, dodatkowo poprzednia dziewczyna syna ma romans z facetem starszym niż jej ojciec itd., itp., to dla mnie już jest tego za dużo.
Tylko para głównych bohaterów była w wieku zbliżonym do siebie, a wszyscy bohaterowie poboczni polowali w nietypowych grupach wiekowych. Gdyby było mniejsze zagęszczenie par o dużej różnicy wieku, to nawet bym nie miauknęła, ale w tej książce było ich za dużo, na dokładkę wszystkie te pary były bardzo blisko ze sobą powiązane, więc prawie sprawiały wrażenie kazirodztwa.
To była dla mnie jedyna wada książki. Poza tym wszystko mi się super podobało, zarówno charakterystyka bohaterów, jak i dialogi, i ogólnie treść i akcja.
Nie pamiętałam, że w książce były wątki kryminalne. Co do ich zakończenia, to jestem odrobinkę nieusatysfakcjonowana, bo wydaje mi się, że komuś uszło o wiele za dużo na sucho. Ale to moje indywidualne odczucia, ktoś inny może uważać, że tak właśnie było OK.

Pamiętam, że przy pierwszym czytaniu tom drugi, czyli "Zgrywa", podobał mi się o wiele, wiele bardziej od tomu pierwszego, dlatego nie mogę już się doczekać, by go powtórzyć, bo spodziewam się niesamowitej zabawy.
Właściwie nawet się dziwię, czy możliwe jest, żeby tom drugi był o wiele lepszy, bo pierwszy jest świetny i nad nim nie ma zbyt wiele miejsca na jakieś lepiej.
Obrazek

Post przez Księżycowa Kawa » 4 sierpnia 2018, o 20:55

Kompletnie nie pamiętam tych par pobocznych. Sama mogłabym to powtórzyć, gdybym znalazła audiobooka.
Denis Diderot

Post przez Janka » 4 sierpnia 2018, o 23:34

Właściwie nie miałam wrażenia, żeby tam były jakieś wyraźne pary poboczne. To bardziej było gniazdo, w którym się każdy kłębił z każdym.
Obrazek

Post przez Księżycowa Kawa » 8 sierpnia 2018, o 23:20

Po prostu trzeba będzie to powtórzyć i tyle. Tylko kiedy?
Denis Diderot

Post przez Janka » 24 sierpnia 2018, o 11:17

Powtórzyłam "Zgrywę", czyli drugi tom cyklu Witamy w Temptation i jestem trochę zawiedziona.
W pamięci miałam ją jako super śmieszną i o wiele lepszą książkę niż tom pierwszy, a w tej chwili oceniam je właściwie równo. Przestała być dla mnie perełką, bo mimo jej przygodowego charakteru, były tam wątki, które mnie tym razem nieco podnudzały. Np. gadanie Matyldy i Davy'ego o ich przyszłym seksie. Część bohaterów odebrałam tym razem, podobnie jak bohaterów pobocznych w tomie pierwszym, jako dziwaków.
Książka oczywiście nie jest zła, ale przy pierwszym czytaniu bawiłam się przy niej dużo, dużo lepiej.
Obrazek

Post przez Księżycowa Kawa » 25 grudnia 2023, o 00:38

Obrazek

From the NY Times Bestselling duo that wrote Agnes and the Hitman, the first book in the Liz Danger series.

Liz Danger has returned home after fifteen years to deliver a giant teddy bear for her mother’s birthday (Guilt Red) when a cop with a great ass picks her up for speeding, fixes the missing lug nuts on her back wheel, pulls her out of a ditch, doesn’t give her a ticket, and helps her avoid her family. This is a man with real potential. The rest of the day goes downhill, starting with her finding out that the only man she’s ever loved is getting married to Lavender Blue, the most beautiful woman in southern Ohio. Really, the best thing in her day is that cop with the lug nuts.

Vince Cooper still isn't sure about being a cop in Burney, Ohio, a place he just moved to six months ago, since Burney is full of some fairly odd people spaced between long stretches of boredom. Still, considering the dangerous, difficult life he had before Burney as an Army Ranger and New York City cop, boredom is good. Then he picks up Liz Danger for speeding and life gets a lot more interesting. And when he picks her up again in the local bar the next night, he starts to realize that “interesting” doesn’t begin to describe what’s going to happen to him if he pulls Liz into his arms and his life

As Liz navigates her dysfunctional family, her flamboyant boss phoning in from Chicago, her still-interested ex, her bridesmaid dress from hell, a dachshund with issues, a disaster of a wedding, assault, murder, and three hundred and ninety-three teddy bears, Vince shows up to get her through, even though he knows that the real peril for him in Burney is the one who came with her own warning label, Liz Danger.

First published July 25, 2023

Obrazek

From the NY Times Bestselling duo that wrote Agnes and the Hitman, the second book in a new series.

Liz Danger is a ghostwriter, trapped in her old hometown for the summer. Good thing she has Vince Cooper, her recurring one-night stand living down by the river in his old diner car, making her feel happy and safe and normal until September when she’ll be leaving again, although she’s starting to wonder if she really wants to.

Vince Cooper is a cop in a town with a shady new housing development that’s bringing a lot of armed strangers, a corrupt mayor, a police chief boss under fire, and an idiot blogger stirring up trouble. Good thing his recurring one-night stand is sticking around for the summer. The only drawback? He’s not looking forward to the empty space Liz Danger will leave behind her when she goes in September.

Treacherous small-town politics, a rust belt biker gang, a widowed ex who doesn’t understand the word “no,” a seven-year-old in need of a temporary mom, a flamboyant blonde boss who needs watched at all times, exploding family secrets, arson, murder, and three hundred and ninety-two soaking wet teddy bears later, Liz and Vince will come face to face with the madman burning down their town, and even worse, with their imploding relationship.

“A comic caper and raucous romance. . . laugh out loud funny.” Kirkus Reviews on Agnes and the Hitman

“A sex, sassy, and smart combination of romance and suspense that is simply irresistible.” Booklist on Don’t Look Down

Rest in There’ll be a hot time in the old town tonight.

First published August 22, 2023

Obrazek

From the NY Times Bestselling duo that wrote Agnes and the Hitman, the third book in a new trilogy.

Liz Danger is stuck in her hometown of Burney, Ohio, because her insane employer has rented a house there for the summer, which means she has three more months of trying to get a copy edit done, babysitting a seven-year-old, and figuring out what to do with three hundred and ninety-two teddy bears. And then there’s her mother. Even the good news that she’s living with a hot cop is tempered by the knowledge that sooner or later, she’s going to have to figure out her future, and she still not sure what she wants that to be.

Vince Cooper is stuck in a town that keeps asking him when he’s going to make an honest woman of Liz Danger and in a job that’s just sunk into anarchy because of local and state politics that are kneecapping the police department, not to mention a biker gang and Liz’s ex-boyfriend who still hasn’t figured out that the ex part is permanent. Good thing he has Liz to come home to . . . until he doesn’t.

As Liz and Vince try to navigate their increasingly complicated relationship, they’re finding out startling new things about themselves and the town they’re trying to protect, and that means dealing with greedy politicians, arson, broken hearts (not theirs), vandalism, questionable real estate, murder, and a lot of soggy bears.
One in That red in the ledger isn’t just the ink.

Published September 19, 2023
Denis Diderot

Ulubiona autorka/autor: w zależności od nastroju

Post przez gosiurka » 4 lutego 2024, o 14:39

By się poczytało, ciekawe czy po niemiecku są wydane...
Pewnego razu doszłam do wniosku, że czas sobie znaleźć faceta... , ale kupiłam martini i mi przeszło(ZabawneKartki)
Przejdź na mroczną stronę..... mamy czekoladę.

Post przez Księżycowa Kawa » 14 lutego 2024, o 01:29

Tego nie wiem. Pierwszy tom był w promocji, to mam. Tylko mam problem z upolowaniem czasu.
Denis Diderot

Poprzednia strona

Powrót do C